Deadline: 23 August 2019
Open to: recent graduates (see relevant subjects)
Benefits: 800 EUR per month
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, non-partisan civil society organisation with its headquarters in Brussels.
EaP CSF is looking for an intern to start on 16 September 2019 and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months to support the work of the EaP Advocacy Manager and the Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager.
The Secretariat of EaP CSF serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
Description of the role
The selected trainee provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and event management tasks, in particular related to the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly, and will assist in the development and implementation of policy and advocacy priorities of the Forum.
- Drafting policy papers and briefing documents, advocacy letters to support EaP CSF’s advocacy priorities;
- Conducting desk-based research on topics of interest for the Forum;
- Drafting articles for the EaP CSF website, e-mails and reports;
- Performing event management tasks related to the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly (scheduled in December 2019) and other events;
- Liaising with members and delegates of the Forum;
- Liaising with Belgian authorities, EaP countries’ embassies in Brussels, EU institutions and agencies.
- has a good an understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
- is a recent graduate in European Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or other related field;
- has an advanced command of English and Russian, with proven drafting ability, any other language from the EaP region is an advantage;
- has a good level of proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point and is keen to explore other digital tools and software;
- is flexible to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office.
The traineeship is based in Brussels and the candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium.
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
- Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills;
- Remuneration according to a ‘professional immersion contract’, which will provide the successful candidate with an income of 800 EUR/ per month.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page)
Candidates are also encouraged to submit one recent writing sample demonstrating their interest for the Eastern Partnership and/ or the civil society from the region.
The application should be sent to applications(at)eap-csf.eu with the reference: “EaP CSF Admin & Advocacy Internship” by Friday, 23 August 2019, 18h00 CET.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype at the end of August (between August 28 and 30).
For more information please visit the official website.