Deadline: 4 October 2019
Open to: PhD candidates globally
Benefits: two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of USD 37,000 each year and up to USD 5,000 in conference travel support
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study and supports talented students from traditionally underrepresented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
- Applicants must be full-time Ph.D. students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country;
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below);
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded.
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters);
- USD USD 37,000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year);
- Up to USD 5,000 in conference travel support;
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit.
How to apply?
Applications Must Include:
- 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor
In order to apply, you must fill in the application form.
For more information, please visit this website.