Deadline: 20 September 2019
Open to: civil society representatives (of the 42 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean region)
Venue: 2-5 April 2020, Šibenik, Croatia
The Anna Lindh Foundation announces the Call for Participation to the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Forum 2020, which will take place in Šibenik, Croatia, from 2-5 April 2020.
The Forum will bring together civil society organizations, youth associations, regional institutions, media bodies, donor agencies and foundations to exchange practices, to promote partnerships and to advocate for policy and operational measures for a new horizon of people-to-people cooperation around the Mediterranean, based on a set of common values and putting intercultural dialogue as the central tool for this cooperation and as a response to the main regional socio-cultural challenges.
The topics of discussion for the participants will be more cross-cultural understanding, building a Mediterranean community with shared values and based on mutual knowledge; more gender empowerment, underlining the central role of women as actors for dialogue and identifying ways to make this role more visible and sustainable; a more sustainable future with increased opportunities for young people in terms of social participation and entrepreneurship and identifying shared approaches for regional environmental challenges; more interaction and exchanges across the Euro- Mediterranean, taking into consideration social dynamics of integration, acceptance of cultural diversity within the societies of the region, exchanges of experiences and know-how.
Forum 2020 also provides a strategic opportunity to reaffirm the Foundation’s intercultural dialogue mandate in the Balkans, with the Croatian EU Presidency offering a bridge between Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa.
Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- I Nationality and residence: participants should national and resident of one of the forty-two countries of the Euro-Mediterranean region
- II Organisation: Network membership, description of the work done by the organization and of the role of the applicant within it
- III Experience: Previous experience with the Anna Lindh Foundation and other regional networks
- IV Language skills: English, French and Arabic
- V Participation in the Forum: Contribution to the Forum with proposals for participation in the Thematic Workshops, Good practices and Project ideas
- VI Motivations and expectations: Motivation and expected benefit from the candidate participation in the Forum.
- VII Follow-up: Contribution and clarity to the follow-up of the Forum, with indication on the proposed activities for follow-up and dissemination of the Forum results, especially in relation to the National Network of belonging.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Anna Lindh Foundation.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please log in here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.