Deadline: 2 November 2019
Open to: candidates of any nationality and any age, working in the following disciplines of the plastic and visual arts: painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography, video or any other form of plastic or visual art
Awards: monetary prize, access to exhibition, publication of work
Through the “Contemporary Talents” competition he established in 2011, François Schneider provides support to artists by acquiring their works and presenting them at the Foundation’s Contemporary Art Centre via an exhibition and the publication of a catalogue.
Each year, over 1,000 artists from around a hundred different countries submit applications. After around forty finalists have been selected by four Expert Committees, the International Grand Jury, chaired by Jean-Noël Jeanneney, choses a maximum of seven prize-winners.
- The competition is open to candidates of any nationality and any age, working in the following disciplines of the plastic and visual arts: painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography, video or any other form of plastic or visual art;
- For installations and sculptures, the artists may submit either existing works or projects. For the other disciplines, only existing works may be presented;
- Each candidate may only submit one work or one project.
A maximum of 7 “Contemporary Talents” prize-winners will be chosen from amongst the candidates, each of whom will receive EUR 20,000 for the acquisition of their work. The endowment also includes:
- A collective exhibition at the Foundation’s Contemporary Art Centre
- A bilingual publication presenting the prize-winners’ work
- The inclusion of the work in the Foundation’s collection
How to apply?
Applications must be written in French by French-speaking candidates, or in English by other candidates.
These applications must include:
- Your signed registration form – PDF format
- Your curriculum vitae – PDF format, 2 pages maximum A4
- Your artistic file presenting your whole artistic career (portfolio text and/or picture) – PDF format, 10 pages maximum A4, 10 Mb maximum
- A written presentation of the work that you present to the competition – Format PDF, 4 pages maximum A4. This presentation has to contain: the title, the year of realization, a clear text of presentation of the work of 1 page and the technical characteristics: dimensions, size, materials and techniques, conditions required for the exhibition of the work that you present to the competition
- 1 to 5 pictures of the work that you present to the competition (photo, plan, etc.) – Format JPG, 5 Mb maximum size by pictures
- A video of the work which you present to the competition – Format MOV/MP4, 500 Mb maximum (this document is compulsory for the candidates presenting a video and secondary for the other medium).
IMPORTANT: The works presented must not under any circumstances be conceived with a view to being permanently installed at the Foundation.
For more information, please visit the official web page.