Deadline: 4 November 2019
Open to: individuals with a doctoral or masters level degree in one of the fields listed below
Benefits: fully funded
Applications for the CDC Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program are now open! The Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program (PHIFP) provides on-the-job training for professionals to apply expertise in information science, computer science, and information technology to address current and future informatics needs.
While working in CDC programs to enhance our agency’s informatics workforce, fellows help state and local health departments and international public health agencies solve complex public health informatics challenges.
To be eligible for PHIFP, you must have:
- A doctoral (PhD, MD, PharmD) or masters level degree from an accredited academic institution in one of the following:
- Public health, medicine, health care, health services research
- Computer science, information science, information systems
- Public health informatics or related discipline
- Informatics Experience: Documented one year of informatics experience for doctoral level candidates and three years of informatics experience for masters level candidates in one of the following fields:
- Public health informatics
- Health informatics or related field
- Information systems
- Information science
- Computer science
- Information technology
- Research Requirements
- Documented experience in performing research or evaluation during or after academic training is required. This includes publications, thesis, poster presentations, or a research or evaluation proposal.
- Fellows are paid. Those holding a doctoral-level degree who begin their fellowship program in the Classes of 2018 and beyond are paid the equivalent of a GS 12, Step 3 salary. Those holding a master’s level degree are paid the equivalent of a GS 11, Step 3 salary.
- Fellows may be eligible for a salary increase after one year of appointment, based on performance and written recommendation by appropriate management officials.
How to apply?
For more information, and to apply please visit this website.