Deadline: 06 November 2019
Open to: Ph.D. candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries
Benefits: fully funded (airfare, living allowance, tuition fees, study grans) & split-site scholarships
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for Ph.D. candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development;
- Strengthening health systems and capacity;
- Promoting global prosperity;
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance;
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises;
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
- Ph.D. candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries;
- Applicants who are registered (or will be registered by September 2020) for a Ph.D. at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Study at a UK university with which your home university has an established institutional or departmental link;
- Study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC.
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return after your award;
- Approved tuition fees;
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of GBP 1100 per month or GBP 1362 per month for those at the universities of London metropolitan area;
- Warm clothes allowance, when applicable;
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
How to apply?
For more information, and how to apply, please click here.