Deadline: 13 October 2019
Open to: youth from ASEAN countries aged 15 to 35
Benefits: fully funded participation in the competition + cash prizes for champion and runner ups
Create a Blog Site on Sustainability!
A front-end web development competition based on the Future Ready ASEAN platform’s Digital Citizen track.
Sustainability is one of the priorities for Thailand’s chairmanship of ASEAN in 2019. Please identify a pressing challenge in the ASEAN region across one of the four following sub-themes:
- Climate Change
and describe in your blog a concrete and scalable solution to address this challenge.
- Theme (30%) – The sustainable goal chosen and content.
- Blog Site Appeal (30%) – User experience, user interface, visual aspects.
- Codes (30%) – Use of HTML5 and CSS on Microsoft Visual Studio Code mandatory. Proper file management and organization.
- Instructions (10%) – Ability to take competition requirement instructions.
For all ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35. Girls are encouraged to apply. The competition is open to all ASEAN countries.
Team submissions with 2 participants and 1 mentor are required. Only 1 submission is permitted per team. Mentors may manage more than 1 team.
All participants and mentors are required to register on the FutureReady ASEAN website and obtain the following:
- Digital Citizen – advanced level badge (blue belt)
- Dream Team Player – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Data Wizard – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Social Innovator – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
The benefits include: fully funded trip to Bangkok, Thailand meeting with youngsters around ASEAN, leaders of ASEAN, ASEAN Foundation, Empire Code, Microsoft, hearing and learning from inspirational speakers, prize, certifications.
Champion: USD 2,000 and a one-day immersion program at Grab’s office in Singapore
1st Runner Up: USD 1,500
2nd Runner Up: USD 1,000
Certificates for Finalists and Participants who meet the competition requirements.
How to apply?
For more information, and to apply please visit this website.