Deadline: 9 October 2019
Open to: citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom
Benefits: fully funded
Study in the United Kingdom on fully funded scholarships. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK for 2020 is inviting international students to apply for the fully-funded scholarship throughout the world.
Bill Gates & Melinda Gates Foundation is providing this opportunity that is one of the largest single donations to a UK University.
Field of Study
In any one of all academic disciplines available at the University.
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
- Astronomy Etc.
Following are requirements and eligibility criteria of Bill Gates Scholarship For International Students:
- You must be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
International students will be befitted from the following benefits:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate;
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student (GBP17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years;
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course;
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge;
- The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic Development Funding: From up to GBP 500 to up to GBP ,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses;
- Family Allowance: Up to GBP 10,120 for a first child and up to GBP 4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner;
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee);
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time;
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
How to apply?
You may apply for admission to a postgraduate degree, a College place and various sources of funding (including Gates Cambridge) via the University’s Graduate Applicant Portal.
For more information, please check the official webpage.