Deadline: 13 October 2019
Open to: young graduates from countries in Asia who are already working in a topic related to circular economy
Venue: 2 – 6 December 2019, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
The SWITCH-Asia Regional Policy Advocacy Component (RPAC) and Tsinghua University are welcoming applications for the 2019 SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy on Circular Economy in China.
The overall objective of the EU funded SWITCH-Asia programme is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth, contribute to the economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia and Central Asia and to a transition towards a low-carbon, resource-efficient and circular economy.
Launched in 2007, the programme has achieved more than a decade of progress on SCP in 24 countries in the region. This has been possible through the joint efforts of the three SWITCH-Asia components:
- The Regional Policy Advocacy Component (RPAC) – implemented by United Nations Environment Programme.
- The Sustainable Consumption and Production Facility – implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and adelphi.
- The SWITCH-Asia Grants Programme – directly managed by the Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development of the European Commission.
- Participation will be open to participants from the 18 countries (see below);
- Candidates are required to have completed as a minimum a first university degree in environment, development, engineering, policy, economics or relevant discipline. Completion of postgraduate degree and/or professional training relevant to sustainable development would be considered favorably;
- Young participants from countries in Asia who are already working in a topic related to circular economy;
- Junior Government professionals or Junior private sector professionals or development consultant or Junior professionals from the civil society sector.
*Eligible Regions: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
- The Academy stimulates the sharing of experiences, cases studies and stories from Asia and the EU on circular economy. It includes:
- Interdisciplinary, project-based, and participatory approaches;
- The possibility of being part of a growing network of young professionals working with circular economy in Asia;
- Full scholarship will be provided to the selected participants.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information, please visit this website.