Deadline: 28 October 2019
Open to: doctoral students of an ASEAN country EXCEPT Thailand, Singapore, and Brunei
Benefits: fully funded
Applications for the AUN/SEED-Net Collaborative Education Program are now open! The AUN/SEED-Net Collaborative Education Program (CEP) Scholarship has been developed from the collaboration between the following universities and companies:
- Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand;
- Hokkaido University (HU), Japan;
- Institute of Technology of Cambodia, Cambodia;
- Thai Obayashi Corporation, Thailand;
- Taiheyo Cement, Japan.
The CEP scholarship program aims to bring about enhanced university-industry relations and research capacities of academic staff/engineers in ASEAN Member Countries through joint academic programs, academic exchanges and the publication of high-quality journal and conference papers.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must, as a minimum:
- Have a nationality of an ASEAN country EXCEPT Thailand, Singapore, and Brunei;
- Have a Master’s degree GPA of at least 3.50 out of 4.00;
- Meet the following English proficiency test scores: TOEFL iBT Test:79; TOEFL PBT: 550; IELTS: 6.0; TOEIC L&R: 670 (Exemption is applicable to applicants who graduated or are expected to graduate from a full-time Master’s degree program where English is the medium of instruction);
- Have good health and good conduct;
- Not be a recipient of any other type of doctoral scholarship.
The CEP scholarships program provides scholarships for doctoral students to undertake SIIT and HU Double Degree (SIIT/HU DD) PhD program in Civil Engineering, where students will complete their study at SIIT (1.5 years) in Pathumthani, Thailand and HU in Sapporo, Japan (1.5 years). The students, upon satisfying joint graduation requirements of both institutions, will be awarded two PhD degree certificates, one by SIIT and the other by HU.
Each CEP scholarship will cover the tuition fee at SIIT and HU, relocation and traveling expenses, monthly living allowances and research support while conducting research in Thailand and Japan, and a conference travel support.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information, and to apply please visit this website.