Deadline: 31 October 2019
Open to: international students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists
Benefits: fully funded
The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists at higher education institutions and research organizations. It supports two-way mobility – international scholarship holders to Slovakia, as well as Slovak scholarship holders abroad. The program offers scholarships to cover living costs during the stay and travel allowances (all categories in case of scholarship holders from Slovakia; students and Ph.D. students in case of international scholarship holders).
Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
- A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (Ph.D.) studies (or their equivalent).
- B) Ph.D. students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2(e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- C) international university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
Amount of the monthly scholarship
|a) university student||350 EUR|
|b) PhD student||580 EUR|
|c) university teacher/researcher/artist:|
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.