Deadline: 1 December 2019
Open to: graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine
Benefits: the scholarship is paid out monthly (EUR 735) and amounts to EUR 8.820 per year
One-year scholarship program sponsored by the Free State of Bavaria for graduates of Central, Eastern and Southeastern European states. The Free State of Bavaria will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2020/21. The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-Eastern- and Southeastern Europe
The scholarships are meant to finance postgraduate studies (i.e. master’s programs), PhDs or one-year research sojourns at Bavarian universities. The one-year scholarship can be generally extended twice for up to 3 years. The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
As an applicant for a one-year scholarship by the Free State of Bavaria you need to:
- have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine;
- be living full-time in your home country at the time of application;
- be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 01.10.2020);
- be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian university yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution);
- provide evidence of your German and / or English language skills according to your intended study program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (recommended C1 level of the CEFR);
- be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree;
- be matriculated in a master’s or PhD program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time of the scholarship application the enrollment is not yet required.
The scholarship is paid out monthly (EUR 735) and amounts to EUR 8.820 per year. Students with at least one child receive EUR 895 per month, which amounts to EUR 10.740 per year.
How to apply?
The online application form is available here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.