Deadline: 3 November 2019
Open to: applicants younger than 35 with a Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of relevant experience
Benefits: monthly stipend, travel and transportation and placement at a host organization
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows. Participants in this prestigious fellowship receive health insurance, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
- Age 35 or younger
- Two or more years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading);
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship);
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship;
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Fellows – but not their dependents – receive:
- Program-related international travel;
- Program-related domestic travel;
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses;
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan);
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa;
- Placement at a Host Organization;
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series).
How to apply?
Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis, though they encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be considered for Host Organization placements. The application is a multi-step process. Their Fellow Classes start four times a year: January, April, July, and October.
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information please visit the official web page.