Deadline: 1 November 2019
Open to: still photographers using their talents to create inclusive visual stories depicting life with disability who have been shooting for less than five years
Benefits: USD 40,000 in total, shared by five recipients
Getty Images’ mission is to move the world with images and they believe in this power, yet they recognize that breaking into the commercial industry can be difficult. In a time when little budget exists for extensive creative art-directed shoots, establishing yourself as a new photographer is tougher than ever, yet in today’s digital age, it is vital as an industry that they continue to attract and nurture emerging photographic talent.
Getty Images Creative Bursary, now in its second year, exists to provide emerging commercial talent with the financial freedom to explore their own projects of personal and creative significance – projects and productions that without funding, may otherwise never get off the ground.
In conjunction with Verizon Media, their first-ever Bursary partner, they will award USD 40,000 in total, shared by five recipients, as part of their fall 2019 Creative Bursary.
As one of the largest media companies, Verizon Media seeks to provide equal access by making its own products and brands accessible and encouraging others to do the same. With real-time captioning for Yahoo Finance’s eight hours of live streaming, screen reader optimized apps like Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Fantasy, helping advertisers reach a more diverse audience with captioned ad products, and more, Verizon Media is transforming how people of all abilities stay informed and entertained, communicate and connect.
Dedicated toward elevating the work of still photographers using their talents to create inclusive visual stories depicting life with a disability, Disability Stories, is open to all photographers who have been shooting for less than five years.
- Links to an existing portfolio of work online;
- A 200-500-word summary of the project proposal describing your approach and include an inspirational mood board;
- All the required fields indicated on the application found on the Submittable website which is linked below;
- The proposals must be in English;
- All submissions must be digital. Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to the applicant.
- One First Place Award: USD 15,000;
- One Second Place Award: USD 10,000;
- Three Third Place Awards: USD 5,000 each:
- Additionally, the successful recipients are invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com, at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project (please see T&Cs for details). You will also receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award-winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on their Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on their relevant social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the Creative Bursary and choosing to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must create an account.
For more information, please visit the official web page.