Deadline: 27 November 2019
Open to: 18+, amateur photographers worldwide
Benefits: return economy airfare, 10-day all-expenses-paid trip, travel insurance
Are you an aspiring travel photographer with a burning desire to become pro and need some help getting started. This is your chance to turn your passion into a profession.
World Nomads is looking for a passionate photographer to send on a trip to Mongolia to be mentored by Canon Master Richard I’Anson. During this 10-day scholarship opportunity, you’ll capture the unique celebration of nomadic culture at the Naadam Festival.
To win, all you need to do is apply with your best 5 images that tell a story from a place you’ve visited.
The Travel Scholarship winners receive:
- Money-can’t-buy learning experiences;
- Mentorship from renowned travel storytellers;
- Global assignments for real clients.
Past winners have gone on to work in film production, create successful travel blogs, write for major publishers, and have had their scholarship work broadcast to thousands of people around the world.
The scholarship is not open to professional photographers of any kind and it is for someone who is looking for an introduction into the travel photography industry and, more importantly, is keen to be mentored.
The successful applicant will receive the following:
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Mongolia;
- A 10-day, all-expenses-paid trip in Mongolia courtesy of our friends at Discover Mongolia, accompanied by your mentor, professional photographer Richard I’Anson;
- High-quality adventure camera backpack, courtesy of Wandrd;
- A water purification bottle thanks to Grayl;
- A copy of Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography by Richard I’Anson;
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
How to apply?
Fill in the application form on the link latest by 27 November 2019
Winners will be announced on 22 January 2020 and the trip starts on 3 July 2020,
For more information, please visit the official web page.