Deadline: 15 November 2019
Open to: adult women worldwide involved in a project that helps to protect the environment through a non-profit organisation, a commercial structure working for social and environmental causes, or privately
Benefits: the prize awarded to the winner is EUR 10,000
In 2019, the Yves Rocher Foundation has created a new Terre de Femmes award, named the International Award. If you are a woman citizen of this beautiful planet and are working to preserve it, and if your project corresponds to the theme set each year, fill out the application form now to apply.
For the 2nd edition, the theme is « medicinal plants, living heritage and future prospects ».
In 2020, the International Award will recognize field actions taken by a woman or a group of women, from the nonprofit sector or another support organization, which directly involves the topic of medicinal plants, their cultivation and their use for human health and well-being.
For example, Projects involving the cultivation of medicinal and aromatic plants as well as projects involving herbal shops or traditional cooperatives or programs to help disseminate age-old methods of growing these plants, create urban herb gardens, raise awareness of phytotherapy, etc.
According to the World Health Organization, between 14 and 28 percent of the world’s plants are listed as having a medical use and nearly 80 per cent of rural populations in developing countries use medicinal plants for primary
health care needs. Reflecting age-old practices, medicinal plants have become a modern-day talking point following
the growing interest in phytotherapy among the general public.
The INTERNATIONAL AWARD is open to adult women worldwide involved in a project that helps to protect the environment through a non-profit organisation, a commercial structure working for social and environmental causes, or privately.
The woman involved in the work must be a national of the country where she is participating in the competition or, at least, the organisation supporting the work must be governed by the law of the country where the candidate is participating in the competition.
Candidates may not be organisers or persons involved in organising this competition.
- Participation in the INTERNATIONAL AWARD is limited to one application per person (same surname and same first name);
- Participation in the INTERNATIONAL AWARD is not open to winners of the previous two (2) editions;
- Participation in the INTERNATIONAL AWARD may be combined with participation in the Terre de Femmes Prize in the same year;
- To participate in the INTERNATIONAL AWARD you must send the Yves Rocher Foundation the participation sheet duly filled in and accompanied by an application form providing the information requested.
Participation in the INTERNATIONAL AWARD implies full acceptance of these rules by each candidate and their implementation by the Yves Rocher Foundation.
The prize awarded to the winner is EUR 10,000.
How to apply?
In order to participate, kindly compile a complete dossier (maximum of 10 to 20 pages) including the following sections:
• YOUR WORK: detailed aim (3 to 5 pages), location (on map), background and actual achievements, prospects, detailed table of the budget, and photos of the work;
• YOU: your photo, your CV and your commitment to the environment;
• YOUR ORGANISATION: its team, its partners, its network, any grants it receives.
For more information please visit the official web page.