Deadline: 1 March 2020
Open to: all graphic designers and artists internationally
Award: Winners will be awarded with a trip to Rototom Sunsplash European Reggae Festival/ a package of fonts, worth EUR 500, from PARACHUTE Typefoundry/ a Wacom Intuos M, BT. sponsored by ZOOLOOK/ a Wacom Intuos S, BT/ a Wacom Intuos S, BT sponsored by Graphic Art News etc.
In the world of design and the arts, there are many poster competitions. Some focus on music, such as jazz and rock; and others on social awareness. But there is only one competition worldwide on reggae music. One of the reasons this music has spread across the globe is because reggae speaks to our heart and our mind about a wide range of social and political issues. For this 7th contest, we would like entries to focus on the messages that reggae and all the other genres of Jamaican popular music are spreading globally. We are looking for creative visual expressions that capture those issues and showcasing them through the energy and the vibe of Jamaican culture, at home and internationally.
The objective of the International Reggae Poster Contest is to build awareness for positive reggae music and to celebrate the global achievements of reggae and its impact on the world. The term reggae, as used by the contest, encompasses all the popular Jamaican musical genres; ska, rocksteady, roots reggae, dub, dancehall and the unique Jamaican sound system.
- Open to all graphic designers and artists internationally;
- Artists/Designers are allowed to submit any number of original poster Entries;
- Posters should not have been published on the internet, social media etc.
Posters submitted for the International Reggae Poster Contest are free to enter! Winners will be awarded with a trip to Rototom Sunsplash European Reggae Festival/ a package of fonts, worth EUR 500, from PARACHUTE Typefoundry/ a Wacom Intuos M, BT. sponsored by ZOOLOOK/ a Wacom Intuos S, BT/ a Wacom Intuos S, BT sponsored by Graphic Art News etc.
How to apply?
- To enter, download and complete the submission form;
- You must include in the entry form your complete and accurate information, including your postal address and your e-mail address;
- Please double check your email. It is the only way we can contact you;
- Upload your poster as a jpg file and your Submission Form as a pdf file.
For more information please visit the official web page.