Deadline: 21 November 2019
Open to: candidates aged between 12 and 29
Benefits: tour, merchandise and features in ART Galleries and museums
From Guerrilla Girls to Ai Weiwei, art can be a powerful medium to change the world – or at least we think it’s a great start! ;). If you’re a creative young artist (amateur, aspiring, professional) with a passion for human rights, then this challenge is for you! Create and submit a piece of your artwork to Amnesty´s ARTivism Contest.
You can participate with any form of audiovisual work from illustration, lettering, paint or spoken word, rap, you name it! Your inspiration should come from one of 10 youth cases and the human rights issues that they currently face.
- This competition will have 2 age categories: 12-18 and 19-29;
You must be based in a country on the continent of America (this includes both North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean);
If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent’s or tutor’s consent to submit your artwork.
- A spot on one of our human rights bus tours in South America;
- Wacom tablets/Adobe Licences/DSLR cameras, the development of merchandise such as prints, posters, stickers, T-shirts;
- Features in ART Galleries and museums in December to mark Human Rights Day!
How to apply?
1. Follow them on social media and post your original artwork in one or all of the following social media platforms using #W4RsARTivism19. Don’t forget to tag us and while you ́re at it let us know what inspired you in the first place:
Instagram: 👉 @amnistiaamericas
Twitter: 👉 @amnistiaonline
Facebook: 👉 @amnistiaamericas
For more information and to apply please visit the official web page.