Deadline: 20 November 2019
Open to: master’s student in public policy, political sciences, social sciences or other relevant fields of studies
Benefits: EUR 500/month
The International Public Policy Association (IPPA) is offering a student internship at its head office located at ENTPE – University of Lyon, France.
IPPA’s main objective is to further develop public policy research and to create an academic community bringing together members from around the world. It currently has 1200 members from 70 different countries and is composed of 33 international College representatives, including 12 representatives of the Executive Committee.
IPPA’s main task is to organize the International Conference on Public Policy (ICPP) which takes place every two years (Grenoble 2013 – 900 attendees; Milan 2015 – 1300 attendees, Singapore 2017 – 1300 attendees; Montréal 2019 – 1300 attendees). This conference brings together policy researchers from around the world. In its attempt to reach even more people, the association has undertaken an increasing number of projects – ongoing and future – such as Winter/Spring/Summer Schools on public policy for Ph.D. students, the International Workshops on Public Policy (the second edition will take place in 2020 in Quito, Ecuador) an academic review, books, etc. IPPA also seeks to offer the international academic community resources relevant to the policy field through its website and newsletters (which are sent twice a month to more than 9 000 subscribers). Recently, IPPA also launched a new online open access academic journal, the International Review on Public Policy.
The intern will contribute to the development of the International Public Policy Association (IPPA) by working on:
- The organization of IWPP2 – Quito;
- Creating Winter/Spring/Summer school sessions;
- Managing the association’s website and social networks;
- Sending out IPPA newsletters;
- Managing members relations for the association;
- Assisting daily in the administration and management of the association.
Internship time period: From January/February 2020 to July/August 2020 for 5 to 6 months.
Internship location: Head office of the IPPA is located at ENTPE (State National School of Public Works), at the LAET Laboratory (UMR CNRS), 2 rue Maurice Audin, 69120 Vaulx en Velin, France
– Well-organized, autonomous and have a keen interest in research and public policy;
– Master’s student in public policy, political sciences, social sciences or other relevant fields of studies;
– English (fluent) – French (basic – not compulsory).
- In accordance with the current French law, the allowance will be approximately EUR 500/month (for a 35h/week work schedule);
- A 50% reimbursement of public transport costs (if applicable) and access to the ENTPE cafeteria (approximately EUR 4-5 per meal).
- Possible access to student residences near the ENTPE campus during the internship period (rent: approximately EUR 350 depending on the apartment)
How to apply?
Send the following documents to [email protected];
- – CV;
- – Short letter explaining why you are applying and what is your career project;
- – Specify your precise dates of availability;
- – University registration/student card with dates of validity covering the whole period of internship.
For more information, please visit the official web page.