Deadline: 1 December 2019
Open to: anyone born after 1 January 1990, worldwide
Benefits: round-trip flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event
The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. This year, the three-day event will take place in March 2020 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Sino-Sustainability: Reimagining Global Solutions. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
They welcome applications from anyone with strong leadership potential ready to participate in nuanced interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and global sustainability who meets the following criteria:
- Born after January 1, 1990;
- Possesses, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in any field, at the time of application;
- Is available for the entirety of the conference, March 27 – 29, 2020 (and any required travel time to and from Beijing);
- Has not participated in a previous Yenching Global Symposium or Yenching Social Innovation Forum;
- Is proficient in English;
- Holds a valid passport which does not expire within 6 months from February 2020;
- Bonus: Has participated in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, or extracurricular.
If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover your round-trip flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event.
Delegates have to bear visa expenses (if any), local transport fares and are advised to carry some money for personal expenses, sightseeing, etc.
Special assistance will be provided for participants with special needs.
How to apply?
Submit a CV and complete the online application form available on the link.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the official web site.