Deadline: 15 January 2020
Open to: graduate students from low and middle income countries
Benefits: fully-funded tuition fees and other allowance
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) from Commonwealth countries are welcome to apply;
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship;
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award;
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate;
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia;
- QECS awards are only for new students and cannot be used to fund a course that has already been started;
- QECS are available for master’s degrees only;
- The QECS will only fund two year Masters Courses.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees;
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award;
- Return economy flights to their host country;
- An arrival allowance;
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval.
How to apply?
For more information on how to apply please visit the official web page.