Deadline: 10 January 2020
Open to: citizens of African countries
Benefits: fully-funded practical training in a leading German enterprise
19 leading German enterprises founded the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! in 2008 – the very first joint-initiative for capacity building by the German industry. Financed by the German partner companies, the capacity development programme AFRIKA KOMMT! consists of the following key components:
- One-month individual German language preparation course
- One-year stay in Germany comprising of:
- Two-months intensive German language course;
- Eight-months internship in a German partner company;
- Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership competencies;
- One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g. “Digital Change”;
- Weekend seminars on cultural and social subjects organised by the Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg;
- Cultural weekend activities organized by GIZ.
- Transfer phase after the stay in Germany with integration into the AFRIKA KOMMT!
Alumni Network and its regional Alumni Clubs
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany,
offering the former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to benefit
mutually from their experiences.
- Candidates need to fulfill the following formal eligibility requirements:
- Citizen of a country in Africa;
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles);
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit;
- Female candidates are welcomed to apply.
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase;
- Monthly living allowance of EUR 750,- (August, September and October 2020; July 2021);
- One-off relocation fee of EUR 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries;
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. EUR 1.500,- gross;
- Accommodation during all stages of the program in Germany;
- Health, accident and liability insurance.
How to apply?
If you want to apply for the eighth AFRIKA KOMMT! intake from 2020-2022, please make sure you follow the four steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the ninth intake of AFRIKA KOMMT! 2020-2022 – Please remember you are applying for the program in general, not for a specific placement.
- Step 3: Visit https://www.afrika-kommt.de/ and fill in the application form in English.
- Step 4: Submit your application BEFORE 10.01.2020, 23.59h CET – applications submitted after this date cannot be considered.
For more information, please visit the official web page.