Deadline: 31 March 2020
Open to: artists of all nationalities and all age
Awards: prize equivalent to the amount of GBP 1,250.00
This competition is being organised by The Bookplate Society on behalf of FISAE, with the prize pool sponsored by the Keith Wingrove Memorial Trust. Artists from all countries are invited to participate in this competition. It aims to promote the commissioning of contemporary ex-libris and encourage the use of all techniques for their production.
- Artists of all nationalities and all ages can submit work for this exhibition. There is no entry fee;
- Ex-libris must have been made in the period 2018 to 2020 and must be printed on paper not larger than 210 x 150 mm (A5);
- No unique drawings, photographs, photocopies, sketches or copies of original work are eligible;
- Each participant may send one, two or three different ex-libris. Four examples of each design should be sent;
- There is no set theme for this competition. The jury will evaluate the effectiveness of the design for its function as a label identifying ownership of a book.
You can read the detailed description of the terms and conditions here.
Thanks to the generosity of the Trustees of The Keith Wingrove Memorial Fund, also a donation by Ms. Christine Bell, the jury will award:
- a First prize of GBP 1.250.00;
- a Second Prize of GBP 750.00;
- a Third Prize of GBP 500.00.
In addition, there will be three additional prizes of GBP 500 each, including, the Christine Bell Prize for an artist under 35 years of age, and two Student Artists Prizes for:
(1) an art student living in either the UK or the Republic of Ireland, and
(2) an art student living in Australia, New Zealand or Canada.
These prizes will be awarded on the occasion of the congress exhibition opening ceremony on Wednesday, 12 August 2020.
How to apply?
The deadline for the arrival of the artworks is 31 March 2020. The address for sending the work is Off-Centre Gallery, 13 Cotswold Road, BRISTOL, BS3 4NX, United Kingdom. Ex-libris must be printed on paper not larger than 210 x 150 mm (A5). The longer side of the design should not be more than 140 mm. When sending in your entry, print and complete the official entry form.
For more information, please visit the official website.