Deadline: 31 December 2019
Open to: talented, ambitious graduates who want to become journalists
Benefits: trainees earn professional salaries and are closely mentored during a first-year designed to fast-track their development
Hong Kong’s most trusted English-language news organization is seeking promising young journalists for its graduate trainee program. Apply to be a South China Morning Post Journalist Graduate Trainee.
Their vision is to ‘Elevate Thought’ and our mission is to ‘Lead the global conversation about China’. The Post is fully digital across media platforms including; www.scmp.com, www.inkstonenews.com, www.abacusnews.com and www.goldthread2.com, smartphone and tablet, social media and messaging platforms. Our flagship newspaper is printed and distributed in Hong Kong.
They develop news content 24/7, driven by world-class journalists, editors, visual artists, photographers and videographers, all guided by the Editorial motto of ‘Truth and Fairness’. Our Head Office is in Hong Kong and we are expanding globally, with offices and editorial bureaus in New York, Washington, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
The year-long programme starts with eight to 10 weeks of intensive training on all aspects of journalism, followed by a rotation to the major desks for the remainder of the training year.
- Talented, ambitious graduates who want to become journalists;
- Excellent English, strong writing skills, and a curious mind are essential;
- Cantonese or Mandarin and multimedia skills are highly beneficial.
Trainees earn professional salaries and are closely mentored during a first-year designed to fast-track their development. Upon successful completion of the programme, trainees will move to permanent reporting jobs on their assigned desks.
How to apply?
- Full set of documents required via URL on resume via the online application or the careers page scmp.com/careers. Please upload your supporting documents with you CV as one upload.
- For questions, contact Training Editor Phil Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the official web page.