Deadline: 30 June 2021
Open to: applicants aged 18 years and above who are in good health
Benefits: Beijing 2022 will provide them with accreditation, uniform, food & beverages, appropriate insurance and relevant medical services
The Beijing Organising Committee for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Beijing 2022) is committed to a green, inclusive, open and clean approach to hosting the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Games).
To attract talent from all over the world for a fantastic, extraordinary and excellent Games, Beijing 2022 starts its global recruitment of Games volunteers on 5 December 2019. Details of the recruitment are as follows:
Games volunteers refer to individuals who are recruited by Beijing 2022 or its authorised/designated organisations to become volunteers at the Games, participating in Games operations and offering services at the time, location and position designated by Beijing 2022.
Beijing 2022 will recruit 27,000 Games volunteers for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games and 12,000 for the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories: general and specialist volunteers. Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services. Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
IV. Areas of Volunteering
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones.
The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
V. Recruiting Authorities
Beijing 2022 is the only legitimate entity to recruit Games volunteers and it may authorise or designate other organisations to assist in volunteer recruitment if circumstances so require.
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must have the knowledge and skills required for their positions;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; and
- Must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
(II) Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
- Beijing 2022 will provide them with accreditation, uniform, food & beverages, appropriate insurance and relevant medical services;
- The Games volunteers will be requested to cover their own cost for travelling from the place of their residence to the competition zones of Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou. Upon arriving in the relevant competition zone, with their accreditation card, they can take the public bus, urban rail (excluding the airport line), and Games shuttle buses in and between competition zones for free;
- Beijing 2022 will mainly provide appropriate incentives to the Games volunteers including service certificates and relevant souvenirs.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.