Deadline: January 10 2020
Open to: students that gained their MSc degree no longer than 4 years ago along with a research thesis in a STEM field or related fields
Benefits: Net salary of EUR1600 for 3 years, enrolled applicants will receive health and social insurance, enrolled applicants pay no tuition fees
The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine is an internationally renowned biomedical research center in Berlin. It is named after Max Delbrück, a Nobel Prize winner and one of the founders of modern genetics and molecular biology.
The European Research Council (ERC) notes the MCD grants as one of the most prestigious research grants in Europe. Calls for Ph.D. candidates open in Spring and Fall each year (usually around May for Fall recruitment, and in November for Spring recruitment).
- All costs during the interview week including travel expenses, visa, accommodation, and food will be covered by the MDC. Initially, applicants have to cover all of the travel expenses by yourself and the money will be reimbursed to you after the Interview week.
- There are no MDC Grad School tuition fees, however, after enrolling at the university the accepted applicants shall pay the semester fees of ca. EUR350, including public transportation tickets.
- Ph.D. students receive a work contract according to the German public system, including health and social insurance, as well as a pension scheme.
- The initial contract is for 3 years and the net salary amounts to about 1600 Euro per month.
- Applicants must hold a university degree equivalent to a Master’s Degree (MSc), including a research thesis in biology, biotechnology, medicine, molecular medicine, chemistry, computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or some related field.
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
- Required MSc final grade is ≥75%, or German score of at least ‘good’ (<2,5 of 5)
- Applicants shall at the time of interview be in the first four years of their research careers (master degree obtained not later than 4 years ago) and should not have a doctoral degree already.
- Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English, while German language skills are not required. (English proficiency test recommended for non-native speakers).
You can find further information on the eligibility requirements here.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted through the MDC application portal. Any documents sent directly via email or any other job application portals will not be accepted. During the hiring process, all successful applicants will receive notifications on the next steps via e-mail. Candidates who have not been short-listed will be informed by email.
For more information, please visit the official website.