Deadline: 29 February 2020
Open to: young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old
Awards: Grand Prize winner will receive EUR 10,250
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest is open to participants aged 18 to 33. It aims to promote young photographers and support them in their strive for professional perfection.
The 2020 contest will showcase five categories for which young photographers can vie for awards:
- Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
- Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
- My Planet. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicolored palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
- The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest is an annual contest for young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old
- Photo Images accepted for the Contest must be created on or after January 1, 2019. As an exception, a Series may be accepted that was started in the previous years; however, the last Photo Image must have been created in 2019−2020.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive EUR 10,250.
- The first place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive EUR 1,830.
- The second place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive EUR 1,450.
- The third place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive EUR 1,100.
- Contest Sponsors and/or Partners may also offer additional prizes.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.