Deadline: 20 January 2020
Open to: individuals between the age of 18-30 who reside in, or hold the nationality of one of the Erasmus+ program countries or Southern Mediterranean countries
Benefits: participants gain a grounded understanding of different inequality and intersectional issue
Participants will put their own experiences, values, and challenges in the forefront as a primary source for learning about gender in/equality in the media.
Who is it for: Young People, Universities, Youth Organisations
Weekly commitment: 3 – 4 hours
Students and young media professionals will engage with learning resources while exchanging on different aspects of the gender-media relationship.
- What kind of gender norms and stereotypes exists in media industries?
- How might people with different identities research, analyse, or report on an event or policy differently?
- What would be different, if anything, if there was more diversity in leadership positions in the media?
In the 5-week Virtual Exchange Course, participants discuss these and other questions during small, intercultural, facilitated, online group meetings. Inspired by learning resources and expert content they learn with and from each other about different aspects of the gender-media relationship.
Practice-based assignments are also part of the course. Participants will create a video- audio- or written report based on community interviews.
This course is open to individuals between the age of 18-30. Eligible participants should reside in, or hold the nationality of one of the Erasmus+ program countries or Southern Mediterranean countries.
Participants gain a grounded understanding of different inequality and intersectional issues including:
- Representation, stereotyping employment and working conditions
- Access to decision-making and leadership positions
- The implications of digitization for media professions
- Harassment and abuse in the newsroom
- Issues of governance and policy
An Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange digital badge is awarded to participants who successfully meet the course requirements. Participation is free of charge.
How to Apply?
Eligible individuals can apply independently via this link.
For more details, please visit the official web site.