Deadline: 20 January 2020
Open to: citizens of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country, students of engineering or science
Benefits: a grant of EUR 15517.61 to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The program consists of industrial placements for EU / COSME students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
You must be:
- citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country;
- a student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university, enrolled –at the moment of application– in between the 4th official year of university studies (3 undergraduate + 1) and the penultimate year of PhD;
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the program.
This program is financed by the EU-Japan Center for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME students are awarded a grant of EUR 15517.61 to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
How to Apply?
Click here to submit an online application.
For more information please check the official web page.