Deadline: 2 February 2020
Open to: students and young professionals with different academic backgrounds
Benefits: two fully funded scholarships
“2020 Collective Defense and International Security: Importance of NATO and European Union Common Foreign and Security Policy (EUCFSP)” on 07 – 10 February 2020
Kosovo Youth Atlantic Treaty Association (KYATA) has the immense pleasure of inviting you to participate at the 4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies “2020 Collective Defense and International Security: Importance of NATO and European Union Common Foreign and Security Policy (EUCFSP)” on 07 – 10 February 2020 at NATO Corner of National Library of Kosovo in Prishtina, Kosovo.
This Winter University provides a unique opportunity for university and college students to study the role, structure and activities of NATO and other security organizations, as well as the military, political – security, and economic issues facing the Alliance. Through this Winter University, students gain a better and clearer understanding of the capabilities and constraints that shape the policies of NATO and EU countries in determining matters of Collective Security. Furthermore, it will provide a great opportunity for participants to see the weaknesses and threats that these security actors will face in 2020. Apart from dealing with a prepared agenda, students grapple with a contemporary crisis to be revealed at the Winter University.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies is designed to:
1. Increase awareness of the role, organization and activities of NATO in the defense of shared democratic values;
2. Highlight the major military – security and political issues facing NATO and EU Member States;
3. 2020 Collective Defense and International Security Threats;
4. Demonstrate patterns of cooperation and conflict that characterize intra – NATO diplomacy;
5. Increase the knowledge for current crises that are threatening our societies such as hybrid warfare, refugees and other major security concerns; and
6. Balkan crossroads Russian influence vs Euro – Atlantic Integration of the Western Balkan Countries.
All participants or candidates that NEED NO VISA TO ENTER to the Republic of Kosovo are eligible to apply at the 4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies.
The course does not require special knowledge about security policies and institutions, European politics, law, history or culture, but participants should be interested in more than just their field of specialization. In-class participation, especially in the discussions with experts, is essential for the course success and plays an important role in grading. Therefore, on this activity, below target groups, but not limited to, can participate:
• Students and young professionals with different academic backgrounds and a general interest in security and Euro – Atlantic integration;
• Students and young professionals interested to develop their intercultural and interdisciplinary learning process;
• Students and young professionals, civil servants, mass communication experts, young politicians and even parliamentary officials who want to further their knowledge of the NATO Security processes; and
• The ones who are interested in security policies and institutions, European politics, laws, history or culture.
The tuition fees are as follow:
• For the participants from Kosovo, the tuition fee is 55 Euros,
• For the participants from all other states, the tuition is 142 Euros.
Tuition fees will cover:
• For participants from Kosovo will include three breakfasts, three lunches, coffee breaks, lectures, workshops, materials and social events; and
• For participants from all other states will include housing for three nights, three breakfasts, three lunches, coffee breaks, lectures, workshops, materials and social events.
The only thing you have to worry about is to get concentrated only on studying, giving your best and enjoying yourself. The only costs not included in the price are travel costs and health insurances.
However, all costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fees so-called transfer fees, have to be covered by the interested applicants/participants.
SCHOLARSHIPS: KYATA team is happy to announce two fully scholarships which will be provided for Kosovo and International participants based on their request. The scholarships will cover all costs mentioned in the fee.
How to Apply?
Interested participants that would like to take part in this Winter University, must send their CVs and Motivation Letters to: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official web page.