Deadline: 20 February 2020
Open to: citizens and residents of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia, aged 25-45 years
Benefits: accommodation, food and domestic transport during the program, flight tickets to and from Sweden and insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Are you a change-maker? Do you want to be a part of a network of progressive business leaders? Join the Swedish Institute Management Program for new perspectives on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Program (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The program challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in the global economy.
Collaborative methods are used to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. Experts facilitate topics such as business impact on the environment, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as well as financial strategies for sustainable development. Complex business cases are explored and you receive tools to apply in your day-to-day work. Throughout the program you develop your own initiative and apply leanings from the program to continuously develop skills on how to make positive business impact.
By the end of the program you are a part of a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy;
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector;
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation;
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1975 – 1995);
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English;
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
SIMP will give you:
- A network of leaders focused on sustainable business and responsible leadership;
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business;
- Increased leadership competence;
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice;
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content;
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the program;
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden;
- Insurance covering acute illness and accidents when in Sweden.
How to apply?
Create your application online in the application portal.
Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have your CV, head shot photo and recommendation letter from the CEO or management team of your current organization.
Kindly note CV and photo are mandatory. The recommendation letter is optional, however will be an added advantage in the evaluation process. If you are CEO of your company you may disregard the recommendation letter in your application.
For more information please visit the official web page.