Deadline: 15 February 2020
Open to: international volunteers wit Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in social sciences
Benefits: full time volunteering positions with possibility for paid position after 6 months
If you are passionate about working in the field of human rights, minority rights in Kosovo, lobbying and active citizenship, you want to be involved in many activities locally and centrally that address the needs of youth and women in Roma communities, Ashkali and Egyptian in Kosovo, then apply for a volunteering position in Kosovo Advocacy Group (KAG).
They have two full time open positions for international volunteers in their office in Prishtina.
Main duties and responsibilities of the selected candidates will be:
- Identifying new fundraising opportunities for the organization;
- Developing and writing project proposals mainly for international donors;
- Maintaining regular communication with donors and partner organizations;
- Attending organizational meetings, keeping notes of project status, and coordinating
- communication between Executive Director, implementing team and finance team, and partner and funding organizations;
- Developing integrated project plans, implementation schedules and cost estimates for major long term projects;
- Preparing overall organizational work plans and activity calendars;
- Assisting the organization with regular activities and on ad-hoc matters.
For this positions KAG is looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in social sciences;
- At least three years of work experience in a local and/or international NGO (experience working with USAID and/or EU projects is an asset);
- Knowledge of social and political context of Kosovo and Western Balkans region;
- Knowledge of dealing with the past, human rights and youth issues in Kosovo and WesternBalkans region;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, while Serbian language is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and plan according to agreed timelines;
- Ability to work individually with little oversight and as part of the group;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Ready to work in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
KAG will offer the following to the successful candidates:
- professional network that can help you in your professional development
- free opportunity in training based on your interest
- paid position in the organization after 6 months
- recommendation for future references.
How to Apply?
Send your CV (two pages), motivation letter (one page) and contact details of two people who can be contacted for a reference to: [email protected]
You can find out more about KAG on their Facebook page.