Deadline: 15 June 2020
Open to: anyone up to the age of 25
Benefits: a range of awards
Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like? Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
1.Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
2.Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
3.Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating
(1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2020 (4) gender
(5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable)
(10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
* Only one entry per person is accepted.
*A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(12) above.
* We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
4.Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
5.Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
6.Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of USD 900 to 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of USD 450 and gift to 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift to 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift to 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2020 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2020.
* We are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
How to Apply ?
Entries may be submitted online or by postal mail.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps. * Since the online registration page is expected to experience high traffic towards the June 15 deadline, we suggest that you submit your essay as early as possible.
For more information about the call and how to apply, please visit the official website.