Deadline: 30 March 2020
Open to: applicants from Czech Republic, Italy and Spain are also part of the programme, alongside Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK
Benefits: invitation to a unique kick-off Boot camp in Brussels + up to EUR 5,000 for the entire fellowship placement
Are you excited about the opportunities that technology brings to the newsroom? Do you want to explore new storytelling formats, use data to uncover relevant stories or create engaging and inspiring content?
The GNI Fellowship offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology or design students who want to kick off their career in the news industry. Fellows gain relevant work experience, learn from experts and build lifelong contacts.
In 2020, the programme offers 50 paid Fellowship placements across 14 European countries.
For the first time, the Czech Republic, Italy and Spain are also part of the programme, alongside Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
- Kick of your career in the news industry and become part of the team in your chosen newsroom for 8 weeks between June and October 2020.
- Invitation to a unique kick-off Boot camp in Brussels to learn new skills and connect with the other 49 fellows. A great way to broaden your network and skill set!
- Fellows are remunerated by their host organisation for their work and to help cover expenses during the fellowship. The exact amount will be at the discretion of the news organisation and will be up to EUR 5,000 for the entire fellowship placement.
- Receive guidance and advice from the European Journalism Center during the entire fellowship.
How to Apply?
- Visit the link to decide which newsroom is suitable for you based on your interests and skills.
- Submit your application via the online form including your CV, work samples, references and motivation.
For more information, please visit the official web page.