Deadline: 19 March 2020
Open to: aspiring journalists , citizens of one of the countries mentioned bellow
Benefits: The programme covers travel costs to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation, and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals
Have you always wanted to visit Finland? Have you ever wondered about Finnish society and the Finnish way of life ? If you’re a young journalist or social media influencer, you might have a chance at a once-in-a-lifetime Finnish experience!
This is FINLAND’s Foreign Correspondents’ programme will be held again from June 7 to 13, 2020. During the week, you will find out about inspiring Finnish solutions for reaching carbon neutrality, Finland’s human-rights-based foreign policy, and equality in Finnish society, not to mention pristine nature, sauna customs, and vibrant urban culture.
Come and spend a week learning about the Finnish way of life, making new friends who share your interests, and having an unforgettable Foreign Correspondents’ Programme experience!
This year’s Foreign Correspondents’ Programme is definitely for you if you are:
- An aspiring journalist (recent graduate or soon to graduate) with some work experience in a media company (broadcast, print, or online), or a social media influencer, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Angola/Namibia, Tunisia, Israel, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Hungary, Poland and the UK;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures, and spending a week in a foreign country;
- Excited about becoming a lifelong friend of Finland !
The programme covers travel costs to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation, and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals.
How to Apply?
- Attached application form
- Curriculum vitae, including photo
- A work sample, or an essay (600–800 words), or a link to a short video (2–3 minutes) emphasising your interest in Finland.
All application materials should be sent by email to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate (see their contact details below). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information visit the official website.