Deadline: 15 April 2020
Open to: for-profit and public interest organizations that are currently in the process of scaling solutions to bridge the gender digital divide
Benefits: winners will be able to deploy solutions at scale; replicate tested ideas in new environments; engage with World Bank clients; build long-term, sustainable solutions to achieve digital equality
The World Bank Group, one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries, has partnered with CES, the world’s largest and most influential technology event — to reward scalable, innovative solutions that seek to empower women in four areas:
- Platforms: Solutions that increase the availability of locally relevant digital platforms catering to women.
- Digital skills: Solutions that support the development of digital skills by women and girls.
- Online content: Solutions that increase the availability of women-oriented online content and platforms.
- Enhancing digital access: Solutions that focus on innovative business models that make it easier for women to access and use digital technologies and enable the use of digital identification, such as pay-as-you-go systems, and models that promote women’s sustained use of mobile internet.
The challenge is open to all eligible for-profit and public interest organizations that are currently in the process of scaling solutions to bridge the gender digital divide.
• Individuals and governments are not eligible to apply.
• UN Agencies are not eligible to apply.
• Recently registered organizations (both for-profit and not-for-profit) are eligible to apply.
There are no eligibility restrictions based on the size of the organization, be it a start-up, privately traded, or publicly traded organization. There are no restrictions on the size of public interest organizations either. There are no restrictions based on the organization’s focus area or current business lines. Organizations that are exploring gendered effects of existent solutions are eligible to apply.
- Receive recognition and brand visibility at CES 2021 as a Global Tech Challenge winner.
- Engage with governments and World Bank Group teams to potentially scale their solutions within development projects.
- Access mentorship from technology companies and World Bank leaders to help scale their solutions.
- Share their stories at multiple international fora such as CES 2021, regional conferences, and the World Bank Group’s Spring and Annual Meetings.
- Build their professional networks and raise their international profile and brand.
How to Apply?
Click here to learn more and apply. If you have any questions about the challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.