Deadline: 3 April 2020
Open to: individuals with French or African nationality between 28 and 40 years old as of 31 October 2020
Benefits: fully funded
Applications are open for the French-African Young Leaders Program 2020. The French-African Foundation has launched the Young Leaders program in response to the immense global challenges which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to become true agents of change. In 2020, this program will be held under the double high patronage of the President of the French Republic Mr. Emmanuel Macron, and the President of the Republic of Ghana, Mr. Nana Akufo-Addo.
The creation of the French-African Foundation, and more particularly the organization of the Young Leaders program, is made possible thanks to the support of African and French public and private institutions. This initiative will build on the proud legacy of the Africa-France Foundation, whose highly successful Young Leadership Program in 2017 brought together 20 high-potential talents selected from a highly competitive pool of 569 applicants from 43 countries.
Selected candidates must show the talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change in Africa and in France. This program represents an exceptional opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and continental leaders in the public and private sectors.
- Be between 28 and 40 years old as of October 31st, 2020;
- Have French nationality or the nationality of an African country;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
- Demonstrated engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders. The application must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, and community);
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership, commitment, and sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts your community, country, or sub-region.
- Display of a privileged professional and / or personal and / or associative relationship with France and Africa (at least two out of these three points). This connection should be a lasting link of 3 years minimum.
5 days in Paris from July 7 to 13th, 2019
5 days in Accra, October, 2019
High-level meetings with leaders from the public and private sector
Excellent opportunities for mentorship, training and networking
Flights and accommodation covered by the French-African Young Leaders program
How to Apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.