Deadline: 23 April 2020
Open to: young entrepreneurs aged 18-35
Benefits: fully funded scholarship to the One Young World Summit 2020 and Entrepreneurship Award
The rates of global unemployment, the catastrophic effects of climate change, and the challenges of globalisation all pose significant problems. The skills of young entrepreneurs, equipped with rapid technological advancements, are overcoming these barriers around the world.
At the heart of every start-up or enterprise is the drive to solve the problem. One Young World believes that the next generation of young entrepreneurs is here to do more than create the next convenient solution – they are here to take on the world’s major challenges.
One Young World’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 was created to identify and promote 5 of the world’s most revolutionary entrepreneurs under 35 who are having a positive global impact and inspiring others with their leadership.
To be considered for the award, nominees must:
– Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
– Exemplify leadership in their field
– Demonstrate the importance of entrepreneurship as a way to effect positive change
– Have achieved tangible and material entrepreneurial success [revenue and number of employees can indicate this]
In addition to receiving the award:
– Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
– Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
– The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
– Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
How to Apply?
For the application process, you must provide a short description of yourself, including your current role, achievements in 2019 and 2020, and aspirations for the future. In addition, you also must state what issues are you passionate about, explaining why they are relevant nowadays.
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.