Deadline: 15 April 2020
Open to: candidates with a University degree in a relevant field and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional experience in human resources, general administration or a field related to the activities of the department
Benefits: monthly remuneration of the selected candidate of EUR 1,400
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. UNWTO is currently looking for a Human Resources Associate for its Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department is responsible for the recruitment, administration, and training of UNWTO personnel, as well as the administrative functions related thereto.
Under the supervision of the Manager ad interim, Human Resources, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Prepares contracts and monitors their status, reviews contract requests against internal policies and rules; liaises with other departments to clarify requests and/or provide relevant information;
2. Monitors, updates, and audits leave to ensure the validity, accuracy, and timeliness of information; produces relevant reports and provides relevant advice to personnel;
3. Prepares and maintains personnel files ensuring that all documentation is appropriately filed in the corresponding sequence;
4. Updates and monitors human resources databases, ensuring that data has been correctly inputted based on agreed standardised formats; monitors and updates centralised logs and electronic records for entitlements administration;
5. Provides administrative support in all areas of human resources, ensuring that arrangements are made for related activities and assists in preparing correspondence and documentation based on standard formats;
6. Drafts general correspondence, documents, tables, and reports from plain and corrected copy, ensuring correct format, grammar, and presentation in accordance with UNWTO’s correspondence guidelines; undertakes research on relevant topics, when required;
7. Assists with archiving and the creation of new files; retrieves correspondence and documents, and assembles files for meetings;
8. Screens telephone calls and visitors provide information and answers general queries;
9. Performs other duties as required.
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, psychology, social sciences or a field related to the activities of the department;
- a university degree in another discipline may be accepted in lieu if it is pertinent to the requirements of the post and in combination with relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional experience in human resources, general administration or a field related to the activities of the department.
- Fluency in English is essential;
- Fluency in Spanish is a strong asset;
- Good working knowledge of another of the official languages of the Organization (Arabic, French or Russian) is an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software and Windows 7;
- Good knowledge of human resources databases and related computer-automated tools;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint applications is an asset.
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to multi-task;
- Tact, accuracy, and discretion;
- Good drafting skills and knowledge of research tools;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment;
- Previous experience in the United Nations or another international organization is an asset.
The monthly remuneration of the selected candidate would be EUR 1,400. The Service Contract Holder will be affiliated to the UNWTO health insurance plan (co-shared scheme in conformity with the Organization’s procedures). The Organization will contribute 13% of the aforementioned monthly remuneration to the individual’s pension scheme.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are requested to complete the Online UNWTO Personal History Form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.