Deadline: 7 May 2020
Open to: applicants which conduct high quality and independent research, with their own established research line
Benefits: a framework amount of round EUR 91413.11 (SEK 1,000,000) per appointment per year for a maximum of two years
The Faculty Board has decided to announce up to eight positions as Senior Researcher in Medical science (Medicine, Health care and Health). The positions imply extensions of existing assistant professorships.
The applicant should conduct high quality and independent research, with his/her own established research line.
Applicants must, at the time of application, hold an Assistant Professorship (Forskarassistent, defined by the Swedish Higher Education Ordinance as Career development positions) on a four-year (total) contract that expires between January 1st and December 31st, 2021. Applicants may give special grounds to claim deductible time.
Special grounds refer to:
- parental leave,
- positions of trust in trade union organizations,
- mandatory service in the total defense forces,
- long-term illness,
- general medical internship (maximum 24 months) or
- specialist medical internship for clinically active professionals (maximum 24 months).
Ground, dates and extent must be clearly specified in the application and verified with relevant documentation.
The host department will be assigned a framework amount of round EUR 91413.11 (SEK 1,000,000) per appointment per year for a maximum of two years. The funds are intended to finance positions and are to be used for salary and salary-related costs in connection to the position.
The position as senior researcher is to be appointed on a permanent basis. Funding will be made available on condition that the term of employment commences at one of KI’s departments not more than twelve months after the assistant professorship has expired. The employment is to be agreed with the recipient department, which is responsible for the salary.
How to Apply?
Applications are to be submitted via the Varbi recruitment system.
The application shall comprise the following documents:
- A personal letter
- Application document
- The employment contract regarding the position as Assistant professor (forskarassistent)
- Attestation from the head of the host department at Karolinska Institutet that the applicant may conduct research at the department with a permanent position in case the applicant is awarded with funding through this call (e-mail message will be accepted).
Relevant certificates in case deductible time is stated in the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.