Deadline: 31 July 2020
Open to: nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan) who hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences
Benefits: fully funded
Applications are now open for the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020. The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan — and TWAS offer postgraduate fellowship to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
he International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) is one of premier research establishments in the developing world. Its reputation for scientific research and training extends far beyond the country’s borders.ICCBS emerged from generous support of the private sector and sustained by the governments’ grants. In the last 51 years has earned major recognition from Pakistan, apart from training thousands of young researchers from home and abroad in frontiers areas of science and technology.
TWAS – The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – works to support sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy, and diplomacy. TWAS is a global science academy based in Trieste, Italy.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call for the postgraduate fellowship. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the year of application,
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of the department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected] or [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend that should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation, and incidental minor illness.
How to Apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.