Deadline: 31 July 2020
Open to: PhD students, researchers and professors from FAO member countries who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the oonrganization
Benefits: remuneration and agreement with hiring office
The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers, and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfill their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries, and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations, and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son, or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
- Candidates should be fully sponsored by a sending/external entity.
The selected candidates will experience remuneration and agreement with the hiring office after starting with the job.
How to Apply?
To apply, please visit FAO’s recruitment website.
If you need help or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official web page.