Deadline: 24 June 2020
Open to: individuals, organizations, and teams
Awards: USD 7,000 in prizes
Facebook is passionate about bringing the world closer together by advancing artificial intelligence, connecting people to what they care about, powering new, meaningful experiences, and advancing the state-of-the-art through open research and accessible tooling. Whether you’re just getting started, or an experienced pro, Facebook invites you to submit a solution featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform. Not only is this a chance to put your skills to the test and preview the refreshed Wit.ai, but you’ll also discover that you don’t need to be an AI/ML developer to build powerful natural language experiences that can solve real problems right away. In addition, you will connect with a global community of like-minded developers, benefit from educational resources and be in the running to win some awesome cash prizes.
Entry and participation in any Contest is open only to Individuals, Organizations, and Teams with prior internet access who at the time of entry and throughout the entire 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series have a Facebook and Devpost online account in good standing, are not under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation, are not domiciled in Quebec, Canada, the Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and is not otherwise a person or located in any other country under any trade or economic sanction or on any program or country list designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, or where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits their participation or receipt a prize in any Contest.
Individuals may enter any Contest on an Individual basis and/or by joining as part of one or more Team(s) or Organization(s). If acting as a Representative, then by entering that Individual also represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to so act.
• 3,000 USD
• At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
• Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: 399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
• 2,500 USD
• 1,500 USD
How to apply?
Prior to the start of any Contest Period, Entrants check the Website to view Contest Announcements and follow any instructions provided to register and enter your Contest
submission. Once entered, submissions may not be changed.
To register for the AI Hackathon Contest track, click on “register for this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbai2.devpost.com and read carefully the rules.
What to submit:
– Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
– Access. A way to access your working web or mobile application, chatbot, smart home devices and your Wit.ai app ID for judging and testing.
– Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost BEFORE the deadline. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
For more information, please visit the official web page.