Deadline: 30 June 2020
Open to: applicants who has master’s or doctoral degree born on or after October 1, 1988
Benefits: competitive salaries and benefits to match a compelling career choice
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC and MIGA. They are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, a graduate degree, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- *Graduate degree requirements:For WB placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by June 30, 2020 or a PhD before September 2021For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 2021Professional experience requirements:
For WB placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
The World Bank Group offers competitive salaries and benefits to match a compelling career choice. Salaries are internationally competitive and based upon education qualifications and professional experience.
How to Apply?
Applications for the inaugural WBG YPP cohort are open from June 1 – June 30 for all profiles and will reopen from August 17 – September 21 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
- Academic Credentials*
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
For more information and how to apply please visit the official link.