Deadline: 30 June 2020
Open to: companies of all sizes; Startups; Research centers, incubators, technology transfer offices, university spin-offs, and academia; Public-Private Partnerships; Associations, business consortia and company networks, NGOs, private foundation are welcome to apply
Benefits: at the end of the selection process the jury will select 4 winners for the Health Emergency, Energy and Environment, Food and Agriculture, and Resilient Industries and Infrastructures categories and will be offered various beneficial opportunities and services.
The Global Call is aimed at identifying “Innovative Ideas and Technologies vs. COVID-19 and beyond”, namely scalable solutions to cope with the direct and indirect impact of COVID-19 in developing countries and economies in transition, and their respective needs in the transition to post-crisis socioeconomic realities in the aftermath of the pandemic. The initiative, inspired by ITPO Italy, is promoted by UNIDO – United Nations Industrial Development Organization – through its network of ITPOs, Investment and Technology Promotion Offices around the world.
Priority will be given to the following 4 strategic categories:
- Health emergency (Telemedicine, Biotechnologies and digitalis health, Prevention and control);
- Energy and Environment (Medical waste management and recycling, renewable energy for healthcare, Water management);
- Food and Agriculture (Smart food logistics and distribution, Urban farming, Inclusive local market ecosystems);
- Resilient Industries and Infrastructure (Manufacturing of protective and medical equipment, Distributed networks and fabrication laboratories, New organizational models).
All submitted applications will be considered only if complete in all their mandatory parts and consistent with the objectives and themes of the Global call. Only the admissible proposals will enter the evaluation process. The description of the intervention should not be written in a promotional tone, but use neutral, factual language.
Winners will receive:
- The opportunity to participate as keynote speakers and guests of honor at the final Award Ceremony to be virtually organized by UNIDO on 14 July 2020;
- Realization of an ad hoc web page on the winner innovative idea and / or technology within the UNIDO’s institutional website and assistance in defining a promotional strategy;
- Opportunity to make use of an exhibition pass and booth space at EuroScience Open Forum 2020 (ESOF2020) to be held in September 2020 in Trieste (Italy);
- Showcase of winning proposals at Expo Dubai to be held in 2021;
- Honest brokering services to access, through ad hoc promotional activities, to the worldwide UNIDO and ITPOs network with the aim to guarantee the maximum visibility to the winner proposal and foster the conclusion of international technical, financial and academic partnerships;
- Advisory and mentorship services concerning the awarded project.
How to apply?
For more information about the application process, please visit the official website.