Deadline: 31 August 2020
Open to: PhD students who are in the final stages of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research
Benefits: four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich
The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2020 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
As part of the application process, applicants must submit a two-page non-technical essay based on their research. Allianz will publish the ten best essays in a compendium.
PhD students who are in the final stages of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural and social sciences.
The four finalists will receive:
- Monetary award:
EUR 7.000 First finalist
EUR 5.000 Second finalist
EUR 3.000 Third finalist
EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
How to apply?
For more details on the application process and selection criteria, please visit the official website.