Deadline: 1 August 2020
Open to: professional journalists, i.e. representatives of the media and professional journalism organizations as well as freelance journalists
Benefits: monetary prizes, memorable gifts and certificates
The mission of Fetisov Journalism Awards is to promote universal human values such as honesty, justice, courage and nobility through the example of outstanding journalists from all over the world as their dedicated service and commitment contribute to changing the world for the better.
- Promotion of contemporary journalism as a unique profession that contributes to transforming the lives of individuals, communities and the world as a whole
- Spreading the word about inspiring deeds of the award nominees and winners
- Bringing journalists together as a community of like-minded people willing to raise journalism to an entirely new level and to meet new demands
- Organization of annual global contests for journalists in order to distinguish the works of those who bring up hot-button issues and have widespread impact
- Rewarding outstanding journalists with major money prizes for their dedicated work
- Helping nominees and winners to achieve greater visibility by publishing their works on the website of the contest and in printed media
- The contest is held around the world with preliminary selection of participants based on qualification requirements. The contest is held annually.
- The subject of the contest is journalistic materials that had considerable positive impact on the political, economic or social situation and brought significant changes in a particular area, country or globally.
- Journalists from all over the world have the right to participate in the contest regardless of their citizenship, nationality and religion.
- Only persons over the age of 18 have the right to participate in the contest.
- Publications participating in the contest must have been published in printed media and/or posted on media websites and media outlets from 1st June of the year prior to that in which the competition is held to 31st May of the year in which the competition is held.
- Films and video investigations as well as audio narratives as separate pieces of work are not accepted for the contest.
- Only original publications are accepted for participation in the contest.
- Publications in all languages are accepted for participation in the contest. Publications in languages other than English must be accompanied by translation into English.
- Steering Committe reserves the right to alter terms of participation in the contest.
- The Founder of the Fetisov Journalism Awards is not involved in organizing the contest and selecting the entries. The sole function of the Founder is to finance the contest and ensure the prize fund.
Following the results of the contest, the finalists are rewarded with monetary prizes, memorable gifts and certificates at the award ceremony.
The award procedure of the contest is defined by the Steering Committee.
Three winners in each category share a monetary prize of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as stipulated by the legislation in force).
The first prize winner receives EUR 93883.76 (100,000 CHF).
The second prize winner receives EUR 18776.75 (20,000 CHF).
The third prize winner receives EUR 9388.38 (10,000 CHF).
A monetary prize is granted by Fetisov Charitable Foundation. The prize is presented to the winners in the form of a bank cheque on the day of the award ceremony. Laureates who are not able to attend the award ceremony due to valid reasons (disease, injury, fight in the territory of the country, epidemic, calamity, etc.) have the right to apply for money bank transfer to their operating account or collect the money prize from the members of the Steering Committee later at the agreed time.
The Steering Committee has the right to revoke the status of a prize winner from a contestant if violations of the contest rules are revealed after the award ceremony.
How to Apply?
For more information, and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.