Deadline: 31 July 2020
Open to: doctoral & postdoctoral students from Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
Benefits: 5 annual endowments of EUR 10.000
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Programme aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents 2020 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
The Maghreb Young Talents Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral level
- Open to all scientific fields
- Maximum 35 years old
- Studying in the region
Main eligibility criteria
- Academic excellence
- Quality and originality of the research project
- Capacity to promote science among young people
- Number of endowments: 5 annual endowments
- Amount per endowment: EUR 10.000
How to Apply?
Applications can only be submitted through the online platform: www.fwis.fr by the applicants themselves.
An application is considered complete when it consists of all the following documents, in English or in French:
• A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
• A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• A detailed abstract / description of the research project of maximum 2 pages.
• Other research projects in progress.
• A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget.
• The list of publications and patents.
• Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific
institute or school where the thesis has been carried out.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
For more information, and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.