Open to: students of an undergraduate/graduate degree programme of a recognized institution in a relevant programme
Benefits: an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN.
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the programme management function of the organisation, led by the Programme Manager in coordination with the programme staff. The Programme Management Intern provides substantive, organisational and logistical assistance to the programme staff of the ASEAN Foundation. In this process, the intern will gain knowledge of the substantive and operational aspects of the foundation’s programmes.
- Enrolment in an undergraduate/graduate degree programme of a recognized institution in a relevant programme
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community-building process. The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, coordination and administration skills.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.