Deadline: different deadlines for different students
Open to: applicants that come from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
Benefits: fully funded
Applications are open for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES) Scholarship for International Students in Germany. Every year FES provides multiple funding for international students to study free in Germany.
FES offers up to 40 scholarships per year. To apply for the scholarship sponsored by FES, applicants must be from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship.
- Applicants must be from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit.
- Have an admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
- Sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination program or EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- Medical health insurance will be given: the cost is EUR 276.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.